- Association Liability
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Professional Indemnity
- Employment Practices
- Management Liability
- Information Technology liability
- Cyber Liability
- Commercial Property
- Corporate Travel
- Expatriates Insurance
A tailored policy specifically for not-for-profit organisations and Associations, it incorporates the core features of professional indemnity, directors and officers liability and employment practices liability into a single policy.
Some of the benefits of a combined policy are;
- Reduced cost,
- Tailored features, and
- Automatic cover for activities of committees and volunteer workers.
Key liabilities covered are:
- Breach of professional duty.
- Breach of fiduciary duty.
- Breach of the Trade Practices Act, and other statues.
- Breach of privacy.
- Occupational health and safety proceedings.
- Infringement of intellectual property rights.
- Breach of confidentiality.
- Allegations of illegal or improper conduct.
- Wrongful dismissal, discrimination or harassment claims from employees.
Directors & Officers Liability
Corporate governance and regulatory supervision means today's company directors and officers operate under increasing pressure to perform their duties meticulously. Companies have to comply with a growing list of complex laws and rules, which increase the possibility of loss and consequent litigation. Directors and Officers Insurance provides coverage for your directors and officers for claims arising from allegations of wrongful acts while acting in their capacity as a director or officer.
Policies can include cover for;
- New subsidiaries
- Advancement of costs and expenses
- Emergency defence costs and representation expenses
- Breach of OH&S and other legislation
- Outside directorships
- Public relations expenses
- Legal consultation
- Business crisis consultant fees
If you or your employees provide professional services such as advice, design, consultancy, opinion or analysis you could be exposed to a claim for damages and may need professional indemnity protection. Professional indemnity insurance protects a business and its employees when they are sued for an act, error or omission in relation to the provision of professional services.
It can include cover for:
- civil liability resulting from the conduct of professional services, such as liability under the Trade Practices Act, libel and slander, and infringement of intellectual property rights
- costs in addition to or inclusive of the limit of indemnity, for example legal defence costs
- lost documents cover — for loss and costs to replace or restore lost or damaged documents
- inquiry costs — legal costs for attendance at inquiries
- liability for employee dishonesty
- compensation for court attendance
- up to two hours of free legal consultation
- cover for the hiring of public relations consultants to restore reputation
- indemnity for individual contractors who work directly under the Insured
- indemnity for claims made in respect of a former subsidiary
Available in conjunction with your Association Liability, Directors & Officers Liability and Management Liability, Employment Practice Liability protects your organisation against claims resulting from employment matters.
It protects your organisation against actual or alleged claims for employment related matters such as:
- Wrongful dismissal, discharge or termination of employment
- Wrongful failure to employ or promote
- Sexual or workplace harassment (including the creation of a workplace environment conducive to such harassment), and
- Wrongful discrimination.
Another tailored policy targeting SMEs. This is a single policy which incorporates many useful covers which SMEs might be unlikely to buy if they could only get them on an individual basis. Combining these into a single policy makes it cost effective for you, the client. These policies generally include;
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Statutory Liability
- Tax Audit Costs
- Cyber & Privacy Liability
- Entity Coverage
- Crime Protection
Information Technology Liability
With technology changing so rapidly and society relying on it to manage their businesses and lives, it is not surprising that technology companies are experiencing greater liability risk for the work they perform and products that they supply.
Information Technology insurance is a specialised product which combines Professional Indemnity and Public/Products Liability that can cover a technology company's liability for:
- Unintentional Breach of Contract to Design, Develop, Produce or Supply Software
- Negligent Acts, Errors or Omissions
- Invasion of Privacy/Publicity
- Intellectual Property Infringement
- Breach of Confidence
- Fraud/Dishonesty of Employee
- Failure to Prevent Unauthorized Access, Use of, Tampering with or Introduction of Malicious Code
- Denial of Access or Denial of Service Attack
- Civil Liability
The policy is suitable for a wide range of technology businesses, including those providing:
- Information Technology Services
- Software Development
- Telecommunications Services
- IT and Telecommunications Equipment Manufacturing
Cyber Insurance provides coverage for personal data liability, corporate data liability, outsourcing liability, data security liability, data administrative investigations, data administrative fines, repair of the company's reputation, repair of individual reputation, notification and monitoring costs, electronic data and defence costs.
Cyber Insurance also provides optional coverage for media content, cyber extortion and network interruption.
- Personal Data Liability — Breach of personal information/data protection
- Corporate Data Liability — Breach of corporate information
- Outsourcing — Breach of data protection by an outsourced provider where the data user or policyholder is legally liable
- Data Security — Damage resulting from any breach of duty that ends in:
- Contamination by malicious code of third party data
- Improper or wrongful denial of access by an authorised third party to data
- The theft of an access code from premises, computer system or employees
- The destruction, modification, corruption, damage or deletion of data stored on any computer system due to a breach of data security
- The physical theft of hardware
- Data disclosure due to a breach of data security
As a stand alone Industrial Special Risks (ISR) or part of a Package policy. Covers fire and extraneous perils such as storm, impact and malicious damage.
Standard property covers are tied to the specific location listed in the policy document. If property to be removed from the situation is to be insured (lap tops etc) a separate General Property cover will be required.
Property covers are often tied in with Business Interruption insurance which covers lost profit, additional increases in cost of working and costs incurred in putting a major claim in.
Having a Corporate travel policy arranged by us is not only cheaper, it provides better cover than most policies purchased through travel agents. A Corporate Travel policy also has the advantage of providing cover for travel within Australia.
Typical features of a standard policy include:
Access to worldwide services for emergency assistance including:
- Access to medical practitioners for emergency assistance and advice
- Medical repatriation/evacuation
- Advice and assistance with lost luggage (including passport)
Overseas medical expenses
- Reasonable medical costs necessarily incurred outside of an insured persons country of residence (and outside of Australia)
Personal accident & sickness
- Accidental death benefit
- Lump sum capital benefits for listed disablements
- Loss of income benefits
- Lump sum surgery benefits
- Fractured bones benefits
- Dental benefits
- Loss of deposits benefit
- Cancellation and curtailment benefits
- Alternative employee/resumption of assignment benefits
- Missed transport connection benefit
- Hijack and detention benefits
Coverage includes loss or theft of, or damage to:
- Personal and business property
- Electronic equipment
- Money and travel documents
Also includes coverage for delayed, misdirected or temporarily mislaid personal property.
Political unrest and natural disaster
Cover for certain costs associated with the evacuation of insured persons due to:
- political unrest or
- a natural disaster occurring in the country they are traveling in.
Vehicle excess waiver
Includes excess waiver coverage for both:
- rental vehicles and
- personal (private) vehicles.
Cover for insured persons legal liability to pay damages in respect to:
- bodily injury caused to other persons and
- loss of or damage to property.
Kidnap and ransom
- Reimbursement of extortion/ransom monies
- Costs associated with retaining independent security consultants in respect to a kidnap
- Costs incurred for the engagement of a public relations consultant
The Expatriate Insurance product from ACE in Australia covers your employees while they are seconded on business outside their country of residence.
It provides coverage for medical expenses, access to 24-hour medical assistance and repatriation cover, for peace of mind for you and your staff.
Helps meet your duty of care towards employees and their families seconded overseas
- Medical & additional expenses
- Maternity cover
- Evacuation/Repatriation expense cover